Asatte Press held its third annual shareholders and directors meetings Saturday 6 July 2013 at BB Rovers in Austin, Texas.
Third Annual Shareholders Meeting
The third annual meeting of shareholders of the corporation was held at B. B. Rovers, 12101 Jollyville Road, Austin in the state of Texas, on 6 July 2013, at 8:30PM for the purpose of electing directors of the corporation.
David Hetherington acted as chairperson, and Tomoko Hetherington acted as secretary of the meeting.
The secretary announced that the meeting was called by the chairperson
The secretary announced that the meeting was held pursuant to notice, if and as required under the bylaws of this corporation, or that notice had been waived by all shareholders entitled to receive notice under the bylaws. Copies of any certificates of mailing of notice prepared by the secretary of the corporation and any written waivers signed by shareholders entitled to receive notice of this meeting were attached to these minutes by the secretary.
The chairperson then presented the (written) annual report to the shareholders of Asatte Press, Inc.
Accomplishments for FY 2013
Systematic Martini Lifestyle
We released our first book “Systematic Martini Lifestyle” in October 2012. The book is 320 pages of full color content.
The book takes a young man through a series of carefully scripted cocktail parties and gives him an overview of the ins-and-outs of sophisticated entertainment along the way.
Simple Series Books
We released the first two eBooks in our “Simple” series. We implemented semi-automatic conversion to allow us to take targeted content from “Systematic Martini Lifestyle” and release eBooks. The first two books released are:
- Simple Buy a Men’s Shirt
- Simple Buy Men’s Shoes
These eBooks are in ePub 2.0 format and are available from:
- Kindle Direct Publishing (Amazon.com)
- iBooks (Apple)
- Nook (Barnes & Noble)
Social Media Presence
During FY 2013 we ramped up and fully implemented a social media marketing strategy consisting of the following components:
- Facebook – We invested considerable effort in the Asatte Press Facebook page. We tried hard to build our following. We ran an entire series of control experiments to investigate which paid advertising strategies would yield results. We had two for-credit interns from the University of Texas Advertising and PR program spend most of Spring Semester 2013 attempting to build traffic to our Facebook page.
- Blogs – We expanded our blog offering to cover a variety of subjects including:
- Systematic Martini Lifestyle
- Systematic Dating
- Systematic Diet
- Systematic Business Chinese
- Systematic Cloud Business
- Systematic Job Search
- Twitter – We explored all the recommended strategies for building a following on Twitter.
- Pinterest and Tumbler – We built out pages on both Pinterest and Tumbler and posted numerous pretty pictures as a means to try to drive traffic to our blog pages and to our store.
Asatte Press Store and Amazon.com
We created and fully populated the AsattePressStore.com web store, hosted by BigCommerce.com. In addition to our own “Systematic Martini Lifestyle” book, we also created a series of lifestyle products. We also listed “The Gift of Job Loss” from Austin author Michael Froehls. We put considerable effort into purchasing Google and Facebook advertisements to drive traffic to the store.On Amazon.com, we listed our products. We also have been using Amazon.com to sell surplus computer technical books and other used books donated by the owners of the company.
Fiscal Year 2013 was a year of learning for Asatte Press. We completed our first major product, the book “Systematic Martini Lifestyle”. We spun up a complete social media marketing effort. We did a major college recruiting campaign. We hosted three waves of interns. We put out our first eBooks. We gained a rich and detailed understanding of the challenges of marketing a product to consumers in the current era.
As planned, we pursued a total commitment strategy in taking our first products to market in FY 2013. We put it all on the line. Unfortunately, we also learned that marketing information products to the public is extremely difficult, basically economically impossible. The exorbitant cost of purchasing tiny amounts of the public’s attention makes the marketing of almost any information product to the public completely economically infeasible.
As FY 2014 starts, we are getting ready to shift Asatte Press to a completely different “business to business” focus centered around Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
During FY 2014 we plan to get on a footing to offer high-value Systems Engineering services to industrial clients.
- Systematic Software Development Using MBSE – Our second book will be a highly technical book that teaches a detailed method for using Model-Based Systems Engineering techniques for software development. This book will form the credibility platform for engaging industrial clients in legacy systems reverse engineering projects.
- Modeling Conferences – Starting in July 2013, we will begin aggressively submitting paper proposals for systems engineering and software conferences in calendar 2014. These conferences will be an important platform for driving recognition of our capability and technical value.
- Website Redesign – In July 2013, we will completely redesign our website to bring it into line with current style trends and focus attention on our systems and software engineering capability.
- AsattePressStore.com – We will phase out our online store. We will keep our Amazon.com commercial seller’s account, but remove everything other than our books.
- Social Media – We will scale back our blogs and social media engagement.
- Consumer Books – We will suspend efforts to create any further consumer books. We will finish out the series of five “Simple” series eBooks derived from Systematic Martini Lifestyle and then suspend further eBook activity until such time as there is an obviously profitable opportunity in that area.
- Investor Funding – We will defer pursuing investor funding until 2014 at the earliest.
Third Annual Directors Meeting
The third annual meeting of the board of directors of the corporation was held at B. B. Rovers, 12101 Jollyville Road, Austin in the state of Texas, on 6 July 2013, at 9:00PM for the purpose of reviewing the prior year’s business, discussing corporate operations for the upcoming year, and for the transaction of any other business that may properly come before the meeting.
David Hetherington acted as chairperson, and Tomoko Hetherington acted as secretary of the meeting
The chairperson called the meeting to order.
The secretary announced that the meeting was called by the chairperson
The secretary announced that the meeting was held pursuant to notice, if and as required under the bylaws of this corporation, or that notice had been waived by all directors entitled to receive notice under the bylaws. Copies of any certificates of mailing of notice prepared by the secretary of the corporation and any written waivers signed by directors entitled to receive notice of this meeting were attached to these minutes by the secretary.
The secretary announced that the following directors were present at the meeting:
Name of Director
The above directors, having been elected to serve on the board for a one-year term by the shareholders at the third annual meeting of shareholders held on 6 July 2013, accepted their positions on the board. The secretary then announced that the presence of these directors at the meeting represented a quorum of the board of directors as defined in the bylaws of this corporation.
The chairperson presented the near-term cash-flow plan for the corporation. The directors approved the cash-flow and spending plan.
The chairperson announced that the next item of business was the appointment of the officers and of standing committee members of the corporation to an initial one-year term of office. After discussion, the following persons were appointed to serve in the following capacities as officers, committee members or in other roles in the service of the corporation for the upcoming year:
David Hetherington President
David Hetherington Treasurer
Tomoko Hetherington Secretary
The next item of business was the determination of compensation or fringe benefits to be paid or awarded for services rendered the corporation by employees and staff. After discussion, it was determined that no compensation could be planned at this time.
There were no further resolutions at the meeting.
The board approved the issuance of additional shares of stock to the investors in exchange for a fresh infusion of operating capital.
There being no further business to come before the meeting, it was adjourned on motion duly made and carried.